Today ends my first week of virtual travel, by stationary bike, on Route 66. I completed 86 miles this weeks, which puts me about 9 miles on the other side of Joliet. I'm using a variety of maps to chart my course. Because there have been so many changes to Route 66 over the past 60 years, I am following the best approximation of the original road as I possibly can.
I took yesterday off, but on Friday, since it was Elvis's 75th birthday, I set my Ipod on Elvis for the whole of my 15 miles. Watched a lot of crap on the telly about Elvis and what he would be doing if he were alive. Priscilla thinks he would be singing Gospel. Really. But, we do deify those who exceed all records. It's a phenomenon. Did Elvis' followers not know that he was Tiger Woods-ing it all over the world? But then, what about Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, JFK, MLK, and so many other idols. Wouldn't it be refreshing to find out that some gals, say, Betsy Ross, Helen Keller, Mother Theresa, had lovers in every city. Today, I rode 18 miles. I hope to complete 90 miles this coming week.
I hope to do at least 90 miles this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

How can anyone take Priscilla seriously after what she's done to her face?
ReplyDelete