Sunday, January 17, 2010

Unhealthy obsessions

I completed 18 more miles today, leaving 50 to cover to reach Springfield. I thought I would have a rough ride today - drank a bit too much red wine last night - but the miles flew by with little suffering on my part. The Flogging Molly tracks my daughter just put on my Ipod are upbeat, funny, and, mostly about drinking. I highly recommend them.

Drinking wine is the only decent vice I have left. In it's defense: 1. Jesus did it, 2. It tastes good, 3. It energizes me and relaxes me at the same time, 4. I think it makes me more interesting/funny 5. It definately makes other people more interesting. I really can't add that it is good for you, because I know I consume more than the recommended "heart healthy" ration which is something like two ounces a day.

I welcome your own rationalizations for imbibing the grape (or whatever spirits you fancy.)

Until tomorrow, Nan

No comments:

Post a Comment