I've covered 56 more miles since my last post, pushing my way through to Springfield. While this section of Route 66 is not pretty, it does boast some cool roadside landmarks like the giant retro spaceman outside the Launching Pad Drive In in Wilmington. If I get my technology shit together, I will add a photo of my biking past this behemoth. Illinois has a whole lotta corn. People who are hungry should live here. In fact, I predict that when the Earth finally swallows up all of the people in other places with floods, hurricanes, tsunami's, volcanos, mud slides, earthquakes, wildfires, and the like, when the last polar bear falls off the last hunk of ice, people will find their way to Illinois. None of that stuff happens here, and, 20 percent of the planet's fresh water is right up the road in the Great Lakes. Gotta run. Can't wait to rub Lincoln's nose in Springfield!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment