Yesterday was a day off from the bike. If I was in Chicago, I would have visited the stuffed animal exhibit at the Field Museum, Joseph Cornell's crazy, multi-media boxes at the Art Institute, my lovely South American, Paolo, at my favorite restaurant, Fogo, and Uncle Fun's, near Belmont. I'd have picked up a few magazines for the road at Borders on Michigan Ave., and spent the night at the Chicago Hilton and Towers.
Bright and early this morning I would have headed for the Lake Shore Drive and Jackson, and climbed aboard the Mother Road, headed West. I only rode 15 miles today, so, I would have made it somewhere between Cicero and Joliet. On the road out of Chicago, I would have (and actually did) listen to Reginald Robinson on my Ipod. Reginald is a Chicago treasure, known to few, but superior to most young musicians of his ilk. He peforms his own original ragtime pieces with flair and panache. On some tunes, you'd think he had 6 hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment