Friday, January 29, 2010

The Lou


After 287 miles, I would have made it to St. Louis, from Waukegan, IL on Wednesday, Jan. 27, at around 4:30 pm. I'm sure I would be in love with this city, the Gateway to the West. From all I have read, this place reeks of Route 66, the road itself, the accomodations, the diners, eateries. This city has given the world a most amazing collection of personalities, artists and geniuses: Mark Twain, T.S. Eliot, Charles Lindberg, Tennesee Williams, Scott Joplin, Tina Turner AND Betty Grable (great legs, the two of them), Vincent Price and Josephine Baker, to name just a few. Of course I would have visited the Gateway Arch. See my photo, with my daughter Lucy's good friend, the lovely Tamar, a talented art student. I think I would be very comfortable and at home in St. Louis. I will return.

Next, I aim for Joplin, Missouri, as the song says.

No comments:

Post a Comment