Monday, February 22, 2010

The Thighs That Ate Missouri



As of today, I am 22 miles east of Joplin. A few days ago, I came through Springfield, MO. I'll post a photo of me there tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking that I should making a future trip through all the Springfield's in the US of A. A connect-the-dots caper.
I have been watching the Olympics. These are my gut reactions: 1. Luge does not seem worth the risk. It doesn't even look fun. 2. I don't like that pussy thing on Apollo Ohno's chin. 3. Those sawed-off Asian figure skaters just don't do it for me. 4. The compulsory Tango ice dancing was BORING, and, 5. Ice hockey makes sense to me.
If I could roll back the years and be an Olympic athlete, I would speed skate. I definately have the thigh meat for it. See my photo.
Today, I offer my thoughts (and suggestions) for the abortion issue in this land of ours:
Abortion is a lot like prostitution. It has been around forever, it is happening now, and, despite everything, will continue to happen.
I think that pro-life sorts should focus their do-gooder energies on unwanted, unplanned, unloved, abused, and neglected children.
To prevent abortions from being substitutes for birth control, I suggest the following:
1. Parents, don't sent your daughters to school looking like whores,'
2. Parents, teach your sons how to use condoms, and,
3. Parents, get your daughters on birth control at 18 (earlier, if they are likely to be doing it or thinking about doing it). Even if they aren't active, the pill will help with cramps and zits.

I should hit Joplin in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment