As of Sunday, Feb. 7th, I would have made it Rolla, MO. While there, I would have stopped into the iconic Route 66 establishment, Totem Pole Trading Post. I would have stocked up on some authentic, Native American souvenirs, made in China. I'd also grab some Big Red gum, Yoo Hoo, and beef jerky to keep body and soul together. I would then have 161 miles to go til Joplin, 10 days of 16 miles each. I've already done two of these ten, so, 8 to go. As I trek across the heart of the Show Me state, I will solve the problems of the world. First, I tackle:
GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!
As I look out the window at the February Fury snowstorm, blowing my raw, red nose every minute or so 'cause I have a wretched cold, global warming seems a remote threat. But, I believe it is happening. I also believe that we have a snowball's chance in hell of fixing it. We've abused this planet to such an extent that it will be like bailing out the Titanic with a spoon to set things right. So, why not look for the silver lining? #1. The sun will eventually burn out, so won't a warmer planet give LIFE ON EARCH a bit of an extension? #2. Don't we need the fresh water in them there glaciers. Melt away!! #3. Guys, (and many gals out there), bikini season will last forever.
In my next installment, I will explain how education in the United States can be fixed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment