I have crossed over, from Missouri to Oklahoma. The Oklahoma stretch of Route 66 is the beginning of the Mother Road, so named by John Steinbeck in The Grapes of Wrath. It is with humility and apology that I dare to pretend to follow the path taken by those who had no choice but to head West, out of the dust, headed for a land which promised to keep them alive.
I should be able to make it to Tulsa this week, by Sunday.
A few current event Notes:
1. More who need to go to the moon: John Edwards, his chicky-poo, and their kiddo,
2. I'm glad the Canadians won Olympic hockey gold, but I'm also glad it was not a slaughter. The Canadians put on a lovely Olympic games, don't you think?
3. I need to say more about health care. I really didn't solve the problem, did I? Here are some more ideas:
a. Every child (up to 21) and every senior (65+ years) should be completely covered, medically. Our taxes are paying for prisoners (felons, child molestors, rapiest, murderes,) why not our children and elders?
b. Groups of 100 uninsured adults should all pitch in $1,000 per year and hire a doctor (go to India, Pakistan, Poland, countries where $100 grand looks like a million bucks). A grand sounds like a lot, but, many uninsured adults are spending more than that on their pets!
c. Some enterprising pilots should organize medical flights for the uninsured to take them to countries where hospital care/surgery is affordable.
d. Ditto for trips to Canada for medication.
e. If you do have to go the the hospital, bring your own Tylenol, and have someone bring you your meals. Say no to all of the things you can provide for yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment