Thursday, July 22, 2010

Midsummer mayhem

As of today, I am 45 miles west of Gallup, heading for Flagstaff. I'm still in upstate New York, at my mother's house, where I grew up. A perfect shit storm hit shortly after Greg and I got here two weeks ago - several electrical problems and a water main break. I stayed on to see mom through the repairs, but I continue to ride the Husky most days, counting my miles. There will be some photos coming, eventually, but, in the meantime, I'll toss off some oddball thoughts 'n wonky info. While I was on the phone today, with a beloved relative, I paged through a 1943 cookbook of my mom's and found the following (rather disturbing) recipe titles: macaroni mousse, Spanish turkey, heart pie, lamb neck slices, liver eggplant slices, tongue and peas scalloped, frizzled beef a la king, tongue supper, hotsy totsy chicken, dressing for alligator pear and chocolate-covered sugarless cake. Is your mouth watering?

No comments:

Post a Comment